What does CBSA President Luc Portelance have to say about Can/Am BTA?
The purpose of the Can/Am BTA is to:
- Unify U.S./Canada border interests country-wide.
- Promote involvement and integrate activities with regional organizations.
- Enhance two-way commerce and tourism activities between the U.S. and Canada.
- Assist U.S. and Canadian border activities in meeting the challenges for the next decade and beyond.
- Provide a single private/public sector bi-national leadership entity dedicated to the resolution of U.S./Canada border issues, needs and concerns.
- Fill an essential void not duplicated in the existing fabric of local/regional organizations.
- Provide data collection/tracking by documenting the needs and unique characteristics of the U.S./Canadian border; developing solutions and initiating needed actions.
- Monitor border operations and improve border clearance processes, technologies and policies.
The Canadian/American Border Trade Alliance holds scheduled international and regional member meetings coupled with effective communications, updates, issue alerts and a strong array of working task forces.