What does U.S. Ambassador to Canada David Jacobson have to say about Can/Am BTA?
The objective of the Can/Am BTA is to:
- Integrate interests of individual CDN/U.S. Organizations in a focused cooperative effort to resolve border-wide issues, problems, & needs.
- Regularly interact with federal, state/provincial, & local gov officials on border trade, border crossing resources, practices & policies.
- Provide a forum to mobilize an effective & responsive public/private partnership focus on U.S./CDN border & border crossing capabilities.
- Expedite processing of passengers and cargo maintaining enforcement capability.
- Prioritize needed courses of action.
- Introduction of improved technologies.
- Consolidate and maintain a comprehensive data base to generate analyses and evaluations to address issues and concerns.
- Maximize cross border trade and related job creation and NAFTA activities.
- Encourage economic development and tourism between the U.S. and Canada.
- Mitigate border congestion reducing air pollution.
- Develop strategies and solutions to shape public policy and eliminate impediments to more efficient flow of goods and people.