What does Canadian International Trade Minister Ed Fast have to say about Can/Am BTA?
The Can/Am BTA Working Focus Includes:
- Customs/Immigration (U.S. and Canadian Government Agencies)
- Trade Issues
- Environmental Issues
- Research and Evaluations
Representative Priority Issues:
Border Crossing Process
- To perfect an efficient, common sense, interactive border crossing capability of U.S. and Canadian agencies. Examples include: Expediting known, low-risk travel and minimizing vehicle clearance times while maintaining effective enforcement and where possible harmonization of documentation and operating policies.
- Involvement in policy formulation including Customs guest departure operations policy, user fee concerns, elimination of redundancy and support of adequate border agency budgets.
- Propose solutions to staffing challenges, IT, and related technology enhancements and recommend specific improvements for interagency interaction.
- To provide efficient access to markets.
- To improve roadway connections.
- To facilitate regional trade corridors and local planning priorities with the users benefit in the forefront.
- To upgrade facilities and improve local access.
- To implement new technology.
- To maximize use of current resources.
- To optimize border crossing capability.
- To maximize two-way cross border visitation.
- To enhance the growth and positive economic impact of the current $1.9 Billion in commerce crossing the U.S./Canadian border.